Tuesday 13 December 2011

Quick Stocking Filler No1....Easy Crochet Snood


Here's a quick stocking filler to run up in time for Christmas. I've already given this gift twice over and it's been well received. A chunky crochet cowl - great for keeping warm with more than one styling option and currently very on-trend.
Crocheted with a double strand of dk yarn (a favourite method of mine for the impatient among us). I made this one up very quickly - in this case in a yarn with a lurex thread running through - gives it a smarter, more 'evening' look. You can also use a substantial aran or chunky yarn. Using only a treble stitch (I think that's a 'double crochet' to my U.S. friends), and with no shaping it's perfectly suitable for those of you new to crochet.
Give it a go and get a stylish accessory at the same time, or give someone a pretty and practical pressie.

Click Here For Free Easy Crochet Snood Pattern (Adult version)


Here's the above sized-down to fit the little one. This one measures 30cm(width) x 20cm(depth), and she loves it - no fastenings or bits flapping around and she can take it on and off easily. Better still it makes up in an evening!









12 comments:

  1. hi do you have the pattern for the cowl neck scarf. i am new to crocheting and need to see it written out . lol thanks donnamarie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,
    If you click on the 'click here for Free Easy Crochet Snood Pattern' link at the end of the first part of the post, it will take you to a host site where you can download a pdf - green button I think,...... or did you want a pattern for the scaled-down kiddie version?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there I am so delighted I found your blog page, I really found you by mistake, while I was researching for something else,
    Regardless I am here now and would just like to say many thanks for a remarkable post and a all round enjoyable blog.Please do keep up the excellent work.

    snoods

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much for the lovely comment. it's much appreciated.

      Delete
  4. do you still happen to have the scaled-down kiddie version available?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm confused..this isn't a snood, this is an ifinity scarf/cowl..

    ReplyDelete
  6. It can also be called a snood (not to be mistaken with the hairnet type). Check out the clothing retailer websites ie Topshop to see similar examples. You can see what is anyway, regardless of what you want to call it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely, but can't get link to work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I've tested both links on this post, and I've asked others to test it for me, and they all seem to be ok, so I'm not sure what is happening there. On this occasion, If you still cannot get it to work,send me your email address to thredhed@btinternet.com and I'll send you a PDF.
    thredHED

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi I just found your site- I'm very new to crocheting and am absolutely thrilled with the scarf. Thank you SO much for pisting. I'm making one for my daughter and hoping to do one for big bro too

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there, How lovely - it's so nice to get such great feedback. I'm really pleased it was useful to you. It is a good item to make for beginners and a real confidence builder. This makes posting these patterns so worthwhile. Sounds like you're already hooked. Happy crocheting.
    Kind Regards

    ReplyDelete